Installing a whole house water softener on your own enables you to work with the job at your very own pace as well as without spending extra money on a plumbing technician. If you’re simply replacing an old water conditioner, this can be done in under an hour. A new setup does require some additional plumbing expertise but can be tackled in a few hours. You’ll wish to ensure you have all the required materials, as well as devices before you begin, as you might need to reduce some pipelines to align your water softener as well as water system lines. Producing a detailed list before you start, will guarantee you do not miss out on any steps.
Water Softeners feature everything to mount and link to 1″ NPT.
Before You Get going:
- Two 1″ NPT female adapters as well as adequate tubes to link from the water conditioner to your existing plumbing. You might have copper, CPVC, PVC, PEX, or steel plumbing. Each of these pipe types might need various products as well as different tools for installation.
- A drain is required for the regrowth or recharge process. 12-feet of drainpipe tubing is supplied yet if your drainpipe is further than 5 feet away, you will require to acquire sufficient 1/2″ tubes to get to your drain. Your drain should not be greater than 30 feet far from the softener, as well as the drain line must not be elevated greater than 8 feet above the flooring.
- The power cord or transformer needs to be linked into a 110V continual live outlet. The system includes a 10-foot power cord.
Every installation scenario is different, yet some basic plumbing needs for setup consist of:
- 3 gallons per minute at the inlet
- 125 PSI optimum water stress
Your water softener will require power to operate, as well as general water softener electric demands consist of:
- A 120V, 60 hertz based electrical outlet with breaker defence
- If using an expansion wire, make sure that it is a #20AWG device substitute cable
Wondering how to set up a water softener with a well? As long as the water source enters your home in the same fashion as a community water system, the installation actions equal.