Is the drain in your bathroom blocked? Is the water in your sink jamming?
Then, natural home remedies often help. We will show you how to clean the drain – without environmentally harmful or using chemical drain cleaners from the drugstore.
Clean the drain with baking soda and vinegar essence
You can clean a slightly blocked drain with vinegar essence. If the dirt is, for example, lime or fat deposits, appropriate solvents are sufficient to remove the blockage without hiring Plumbers.
Here is how:
Baking powder and vinegar
Prepare 4 tablespoons of baking powder. Then, pour it into the drain. After that, add half a cup of vinegar essence. If vinegar and baking powder mix, there will be a bubbling sounds. When the noise subsides, add hot water into it to remove the dirt.
Soda and vinegar
As an alternative to baking soda, you can add soda or washing soda to the drain. Just like with baking powder, add half a cup of vinegar essence and rinse with hot water as soon as the bubbling has settled in the pipe.
Expose the clogged drain with the plunger
You can clean a clogged drain with a plump without any chemicals.
A drain is usually blocked because hair, leftover food, or other coarse dirt accumulate and stick. The easiest way to loosen such dirt is by constantly changing the pressure that you create with a plunger.
- Place the suction cup in the middle of the drain and press it down firmly against the basin. Seal further openings – for example, an overflow – with a damp cloth.
- Now, let so much water run into the pool that the rubber bell of the bump is entirely covered by water.
- Alternately, maneuver the plunger up and down without completely lifting it off the drain.
- Take the plunger out of the sink after a few runs. Once the dirt has loosened, the water flows off again. Otherwise, repeat the pumping one or two more times. If that doesn’t help either, try another remedy.
Tip: If you don’t have a picket at hand, you can also cut off the bottom of an empty plastic bottle and use it to pump.
Clean the blocked drain pipe with the pipe spiral
Another type of mechanical cleaning is by using the raw spiral
If the plunger doesn’t help to uncover the blocked drain, you can take a pipe cleaning spiral. With this tightly tensioned spiral, you create a drilling movement to decompose stubborn deposits inside the pipe.
However, we only recommend this measure if you are skilled in the art. Be careful with such a spiral so that you don’t damage the pipe. If you are unsure, you can contact plumbing companies in Houston.
- Carefully insert the spiral into the drain, through the siphon, until it reaches the downpipe.
- Now turn the crank and apply slight pressure towards the tube.
- If you feel firm resistance, pull the spiral back a little and then push it back towards the drain.
- If you don’t get results, we advise you to hire a professional plumber. Some contaminations are too hard to remove with standard mechanical tools. This is when you need plumbers in Houston.